The Outback only selling parts?

Started by NormanB, May 15, 2023, 07:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormanB

Hey Billy!  Saw on another site that the Outback isn't doing rebuilds anymore, just selling parts.

Is that the case?  Sure hope not as your services have always been top notch in my book.
84 V65 Magna - Black

Billy C

I got old and the divorce just sorta drove that fact home. Alex took over but he is now chasing a DFW firefighter job. So on a very much case by case basis he may take on a rebuild but mostly it looks like we are done with carb work. Sorry guys, I miss the talks with customers and of course the money. I loved the success stories. I don't much follow the forums these days, there is likely a new rebuilder out there who can take up the slack.
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

rrwarrenvanman

Ron Warren
Woodhaven, Mi.
ronrwarren@gmail.com
83 V65 Magna blue
83 V65 Magna black

Billy C

Parts? We have carb bodies and I have some spare stuff from my Magna projects. Sissy bar, 6 pack rack, maybe a few cylinder head, tranny  engine stuff. I keep saying and I am gonna drag it out and list it...
Grand Saline, TX

NormanB

Billy, sorry to hear your son decided to go a different direction, however I can understand why.

Thanks for your years of outstanding service to the V4 community!
84 V65 Magna - Black

Malm

Aw heck, I still been telling people on Facebook to get in touch with you..... LOL...
I hate that you are not doing it anymore, but I can sure understand, and as Norman said, thanks for all you have done down through the years.... I wish I had rode with Fred to your place and got my carbs done too :) They are not real bad, but after sitting I always have to crank and crank to start her, after that she starts fine til she sits a while....
She needed Billys magic...
:)
1983 V-65 Magna 3.40
West Tennessee

Billy C

Alex passed the physical fitness test today, 2nd try. Next up is a personal interview which includes a polygraph. He was a bad boy in his teens and early 20s. The past couple of years he found Jesus and quit everything fun.
Grand Saline, TX

NormanB

From my experience FD's are pretty flexible.  I don't think the polygraph will present a problem.

All the best with his endeavors.

Still sad the Outback is no more.  :(
84 V65 Magna - Black

rrwarrenvanman

Quote from: Billy C on May 18, 2023, 12:09:52 AMParts? We have carb bodies and I have some spare stuff from my Magna projects. Sissy bar, 6 pack rack, maybe a few cylinder head, tranny  engine stuff. I keep saying and I am gonna drag it out and list it...

What about Oring kits?
Ron Warren
Woodhaven, Mi.
ronrwarren@gmail.com
83 V65 Magna blue
83 V65 Magna black