August 2022's Bike of the Month

Started by FromMaine, August 01, 2022, 01:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromMaine

This months winner has an interesting story, and I'm hoping he can chime in and tell it.

The pic is of his two bikes, being ridden by his sons. It is self evident from the photo why there is an interesting story.

So, congratulations Paul, (reckinbar), both your 83 V45 and V65 Magnas are August 2022's BOTM.

A link to the post.

http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=59971.120

Some of the previous pics of the bike(s) are missing, hopefully they can be posted here.
Michael: 
Midcoast, Maine 
85vf1100S,83vf750f,86vfr750,85vf1000RX2,,97VFR,
90 VFR, 77 CB550

Malm

1983 V-65 Magna 3.40
West Tennessee

reckinbar

Thanks Michael! Neither of my Magnas have been pretty enough to be BOTM so maybe this is like a lifetime achievement award.  :???:
A few low quality pics of the V65. Wonder where thew heck I'm storing my pictures.
Delano, MN.
~Sobriety is no guarantee of good judgement~
83 V45 Magna,83 V65 Magna,07 VFR 25th RWB

reckinbar

Story behind this is not all that interesting. Oldest son Mike was visiting home (Dassel MN) at the time. Youngest son, Dustin, was fresh out of the navy. A couple days home I think.
Mike headed back to Boulder on the V45 and Dustin was going to ride with him a ways on the V65. Ended up going all the way there. I think this picture was just them seeing how far up the pass they could go. They found out. :rolling: Next day they were out hiking and Mike fell off a cliff. Got busted up pretty bad. (fine now). Dustin ended up having to be his care giver for a week and a half 'till Mike could function on his own. Dustin was not happy as all he wanted to do was be home for a while.
Delano, MN.

reckinbar

Dustin home from boot camp heading to the Driftless Area, Wisconsin on the V45.
Or maybe home on leave.
Delano, MN.

reckinbar

Just a picture to prove I sometimes ride my bikes also.
Packed up and heading to Boogitys Midwest get together in 2008.
Delano, MN.

reckinbar

Magnas are sadly just sitting in my garage waiting for somebody with ambition to fix them up again.
But here's my current ride.
Delano, MN.