Oct. 2016 Bike of the Month

Started by FromMaine, October 26, 2016, 11:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromMaine

This months winner has what is possibly my favorite v4 ever made. It was such a ground breaking machine when it was first introduced and still turns heads today. Its been a while since this restoration was first started, but boy was it worth the wait. If you didn't see this one coming....................... :blink:

Congratulations canamag (Gary) your 1983 Vf750F Interceptor is October 2016's BOTM.

Gary's restoration thread.

http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=62415.0

Michael: 
Midcoast, Maine 
85vf1100S,83vf750f,86vfr750,85vf1000RX2,,97VFR,
90 VFR, 77 CB550

John Hilmer

Well, this is no surprise at all.

I've been waiting all day for someone to comment and can't put this off any more.

I've been following Gary's thread since he started it and had a strong suspicion that the end result would be excellent. It is.

This is a stunning bit of work and I'm so glad Michael selected this one NOW!

Congratulations Gary, this recognition is certainly well deserved.

I just wish it were possible for me to see it in person.

I'll be looking forward to more images, especially next spring when you get it out on the road.

John
'86 VF500F, '87 VFR700F2 In Process, '01 KLR 650

The Dutchy

Great pick Michael..  :thumb

That bike just takes me back 15 years when I got my first 750..

I converted her into this "Euro style" 750

And by then... I sold my baby.. It took me six years to get over it and build my 750 again...
About the same, but with 6 years more experience..

Canamag.. I hope you see the set backs as a learning curve..  You followed a path that I have been in before.. For my VF750 twice, for other bikes, I lost count..
You did an excellent job on the restore, and I was glad to follow your rebuild thread. If not, to be able to share you some info needed whenever I could.

Don't ever sell her....... :lol8:

Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

klopperg

Congratulations  :thumb :thumb :thumb

I KNEW IT  ;)
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

canamag

Thanks gentlemen , very nice to hear others like it as much as I do . I have attached a couple more pics that are of a little better quality .

Thanks again
Gary
HOLD FAST
Sudbury Ontario Canada

zarticus

2014 Kawasaki Vaquero
2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400
1986 V65 Magna
1984 V65 Magna
1983 V45 Sabre-Sold

motorhead1977

Double plus on the selection and the restore!  Nicely done.
My first V4 was a red/white 83 V45 I got from the original owner who had parked it in his garage with hardly any miles on the clock and left it sitting for over 10 years. What came out of the fuel tank would not burn at all. Cosmetics were excellent though so it was really just a clean out/up and replace the safety bits and ride it.  I added the Corbin leather seat which was a huge improvement over stock and the F1R exhaust sounded great.

I finally sent it down the road when I got my VFR800. 
VFR400 BMW R1250RS
Albany,NY Gone:VF500,VF750Fs VF1000Fs,R VFR 800 CBR250 GL1800 FXDWG,15 Ducati

Miecul

Way to go Gary. She's definitely a head turner. It's a damm shame insurance prices up here a can put a man in the poor house. Now the wait. I should and will have mine back on the road next spring. Let me know the next time you're through this way again
Gary.  :thumb :beer: :thumb
Mike
Deep River, Ontario Canada
82 Yamaha Verago
83 V45 Magna
84 V65 Magna

NormanB

84 V65 Magna - Black

Magoo

I love all motorcycles.  Especially if they're a Honda.