Phone troubles and general ruminations about life...

Started by Billy C, March 14, 2016, 03:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy C

My landline telephone service went down 03/12/16. Verizon is in the middle of selling out their copper line services to someone named Frontier? Dana is handling the repair request but who knows when or who the fix will be accomplished. hint - it's the junction box 2 miles down the road in the low spot which floods frequently. I do have to say a quiet phone is quite nice for the peaceful male soul.  ;D So, email baby!
  You may be asking why no cell # for a back up? Welcome to the last mile of country living. No wires asides from telephone and electric out here. Wireless anything has holes all around here. The holes are where you can get reception. Our property is one of those big black blobs that surround the holes. I don't own a cell phone because it is pointless to own something that has a monthly fee, does not work well and kills my privacy/peace. Whoa, I just described my wife and kids! j/k
  We are officially swamped with carb rebuilds. Back to work.

Email - billycarrjr@earthlink.net
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

Billy C

031516 - Phone is up again. Fire ants can screw up some electrical stuff. Looking like a banner year for the lil bastids.
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

kdf9511

You wouldn't believe what I've seen get into a ped, or junction box that will royaly screw things up.  Fire ants are so common we have special ant poison for those boxes that won't affect the wiring or equipment.  Just be glad it wasn't wasps building nests.

My favorite still is one cell site we have up here that is in the middle of a farmers field.  The site itself is fenced in but there is a fiber splice just outside the fenced area and cows have stepped on the hand hole a few times and dammaged the fiber.  Worst thing is this a site right on the outside edge of a small town and when it goes down the whole town losses coverage.
Ye Olde MagnaWing,
The LaZBoy
From whence came you, and whither are you travelling?

JonHawaii

I was worried about ya, emailed you a couple times with no response.  :dunno:
1983 V65 Magna X2

Tahlequah, OK

JonHawaii

1983 V65 Magna X2

Tahlequah, OK