Billy - a question

Started by V45man1988, April 27, 2015, 09:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V45man1988

Hi Billy. I understand you are primarily a carburetor man, but do you know of a place where I can get a good starter clutch for my 1988 VF45 750 Magna? And if so, what could I expect in the way of price for this?

Thank you, Ed.
Honda VF45 Super Magna 1988

Billy C

I tend to point folks to Brett aka v6562. Do a member search. Most anyone who is not brand new would be trustworthy, just I've shook hands with Brett and he knows Magnas well, started dealing with them heavily recently.
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

V45man1988

Quote from: Billy C on April 27, 2015, 10:42:16 PM
  I tend to point folks to Brett aka v6562. Do a member search. Most anyone who is not brand new would be trustworthy, just I've shook hands with Brett and he knows Magnas well, started dealing with them heavily recently.
Thanks for that, I have already PM'd him.
Honda VF45 Super Magna 1988

Blue-Grass-Tornado

Billy, your PM's broke again?   :beer:  :rolling:
My 15 VMAX

Billy C

Quote from: Blue-Grass-Tornado on May 05, 2015, 02:24:50 PM
Billy, your PM's broke again?   :beer:  :rolling:

I see it. Long form excuse. We have had some sonic tank probs lately slowing us down. Our #1 machine popped a p/s fuse last week. Specialty fuse so I ordered them. They got shipped to the next town up the road, reshipped and made it here this morning. I pop it in (inside the unit of course) and it runs about 5 minutes and pops again.  :wal:  We drug down the backup unit and your rack is in it cleaning now. Final assy tomorrow.
Grand Saline, TX

eddiesv65

the second generation was only built for two years ....and the parts are rare and had to find ,....and usualy expencive
EVERY STOPLIGHT IS A LAUNCH SITE
1983 V65..MAGNA...3.40
TEXAS/Amarillo

Blue-Grass-Tornado

No worries Billy, but I'll be out of pocket on May 10th thru the 17th, internet will be spotty down there in North Carolina!  Did you happen to notice if it had stock jets in it or not?  Bikes got a Kerker 4 into 1 on it, just wondered if the PO had adjusted for it or not.  Sorry to hear about your machinery problems, hope you get it sorted out!!!   :beer:
My 15 VMAX

Billy C

Hmm, no paperwork. How am I supposed to keep it straight? I'll jet for the kerker. They are on the table cleaned, polished waiting for me to put all the pieces back together. They'll be done tonight.
  Remember the thread about new cars when you were talking a new Camaro iirc? I pushed for a muscle car build. Now I am seeing why you said hell no! Damned Fairlane is making me broke. AOD tranny I bought used and supposed to be good, ain't. $1400-ish for a stg 1 replacement. 2 lifters tapping. $200 for new set and hoping no damage was done to the camshaft. All new brake system is adding up fast. Rear axle is ok but likely won't be long before I need an upgrade.
Grand Saline, TX

Blue-Grass-Tornado

Yea, you're almost always further ahead buying one that's already done.  I also learned that lesson the hard way!   :beer:
My 15 VMAX

Billy C

Quote from: Blue-Grass-Tornado on May 06, 2015, 12:37:53 PM
Yea, you're almost always further ahead buying one that's already done.  I also learned that lesson the hard way!   :beer:

I have learned that too, the hard way. It could be worse. I could be one of those poor bastards back in 2008 that bought a half mil house that was suddenly worth $300k. I'm still upside down/underwater on this project but it's not worth crying about. Maybe a little.  :'(  Ok, I'm over it now.
Grand Saline, TX