Hey Billy! Question

Started by NormanB, February 25, 2015, 05:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormanB

Billy, some time ago you proposed another carb service that you were considering.  It was the conversion of non 70A V65 Magna carbs to 70A.  I don't see that thread any longer.

So, did this become a reality?

I'm asking cause I picked up a set of 70C and would prefer the A.

Thanks!!
84 V65 Magna - Black

Billy C

I do recall that. I decided against it primarily due to the 1HE jet needles. The only rack that uses them and I have not been able to beat the Keyster aftermarket jet needle codes in order to make the mods work. Secondary problems are ... #2,  the diaps are thinner on the 70A only and I have burnt thru all my spares. This leaves me with using JBM diaps on old 70A slides or modded 70c slides, add $90.00 for that. #3 is the bigger problem, we are as a rule cheap bastids and the cost point to do all that will not sell. Cheaper to round up an ebay 70A and rebuild it and resell the old 70C.
  Sorry, not the droids answer you were looking for. I have tried selling rebuilt complete core racks and the money just ain't there to cover my expense/time.  Now if someone is seriously into machine shop work I might be interested in a stock of 1HE needles.  ;D
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

NormanB

Thanks for such a complete answer and I understand completely.  You are correct we can be a cheap bunch.

I think I'll keep the 70C for now and when the time comes have you rebuild them.  I can live with them again.

Thanks again!
84 V65 Magna - Black

Blue-Grass-Tornado

Billy, did you get my last two personal messages last week?   :dunno:
My 15 VMAX

Billy C

Quote from: Blue-Grass-Tornado on April 01, 2015, 01:14:47 PM

No. Whatchoo need?
Grand Saline, TX

Blue-Grass-Tornado

Quote from: Billy C on April 01, 2015, 01:55:32 PM

No. Whatchoo need?

A carb rebuild, what else?   Just wanted to give you a heads up, will be shipping a set of 70A's your way early next week!    :beer:
My 15 VMAX

Billy C

Quote from: Blue-Grass-Tornado on April 01, 2015, 03:19:30 PM
Quote from: Billy C on April 01, 2015, 01:55:32 PM

No. Whatchoo need?

A carb rebuild, what else?   Just wanted to give you a heads up, will be shipping a set of 70A's your way early next week!    :beer:

Cool, send'em. I'll see if I can't push them thru quickly.
Grand Saline, TX