Sept. 2014 Bike of the Month

Started by FromMaine, September 06, 2014, 03:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromMaine

About 6 years ago my brother posted some photos of one of his bikes on some Motorcycle Forum (No, not this one).

He received a few comments and a few PM's with questions about the bike. One came from a fellow in Germany who had a V65 Magna also and had a question about his forward footrests. My brother being my brother passed on his contact details as I was working in Germany at the time finishing the build of the ship I work on. Germanys a big country, and I was working in the north a short distance from the Danish border, so I thought nothing would come of it, but as a courtesy I e-mailed the owner. Come to find out from his reply he is about a 1/2 hour away from where I was in Kiel.

It took a while but a few weeks later I got to see his bike when he came over to Kiel where I was working. In Germany any modification to a major component to a bike has to be signed off by what I gather is the German equivalent to the DOT, no small feat. This Member managed to toe the line and make this Magna his own and still keep it legal. I am not a Magna owner or rider, but I was very impressed with his workmanship and detail. His bike is way better looking than any picture can do it justice. So without further adieu.

Congratulations Fred (Fred-Norbet) your 1986 V65 Magna is Sept. 2014's BOTM

His picture was posted in the Show us your bike section of the Gallery Forum. As I'm having major issues with internet on the ship, I'll post this now and try to add the link after, if I can.

The link:

http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=59971.30

Michael: 
Midcoast, Maine 
85vf1100S,83vf750f,86vfr750,85vf1000RX2,,97VFR,
90 VFR, 77 CB550

motorhead1977

Where there is a will there is a way to be found.  Nicely done.  Way to use the rules to get what you want accomplished!
VFR400 BMW R1250RS
Albany,NY Gone:VF500,VF750Fs VF1000Fs,R VFR 800 CBR250 GL1800 FXDWG,15 Ducati

Miecul

Nice ride Fred, and congratulations.  :thumb :beer: :thumb
Mike
Deep River, Ontario Canada
82 Yamaha Verago
83 V45 Magna
84 V65 Magna

klopperg

Well done Fred, good choice again Michael.  :thumb
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

John Hilmer

Congratulation Fred,

That is a fine example that you should be proud of. And Where you are located makes it yet more impressive to me.

John
'86 VF500F, '87 VFR700F2 In Process, '01 KLR 650

Hopit88

Looks nice. Background looks like the Dolomites.
Kelly
NH
'85 Vf1000R x3
'86 VF1000R
'84 Vf1000F x2

65crazy

Greg, Nova Scotia , Canada, 83 V-65 Magna

John Hilmer

Folks,

Michael must be "Destroying the oceans at a constant 14 Knots" as he has posted before and out of net access, also as he has mentioned previously.

I await the new selection when he can post it.

John
'86 VF500F, '87 VFR700F2 In Process, '01 KLR 650

fred-norbert

Thanks for the honor! It is a while that I was active here...
Thank you thank you thank you All.

As you still know, there is never an end by work on the bike and so I had some more small details which I have changed. all with the blessing of the authority :rolleyes:

If there is an interest <i will post some pics

Thank again and I will raise a beer or two or ... :beer:

Fred
Go hard or go home!
Magna V65 '86
Eckernfoerde
Germany