August 2014 Bike of the Month

Started by FromMaine, July 31, 2014, 10:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromMaine

Hey, I'm on time for a change, even a few hours early.

This months winner was a definite once I saw the bike. Normally I don't get to see the bike in person but this time I did. I even got to sit on it and check it out. Just like a kid who's been handed a puppy though, I didn't want to give it back. Ever........

Circumstances in late May led me to loose 5 weeks of time at home and find myself hustling back to Europe with a day in Amsterdam between flights back to the boat. So I contacted Dutchy. He was kind enough to have me over on little notice and, I got to sit on his new bike.

Congratulations Raymond (Dutchy) Your 1983 VF750F Euro version Interceptor is August 2014's BOTM.

A link to Dutchy's post in the Gallery section.

http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=63558.msg682302#msg682302

http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=62912.0

http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=62514.0

This is Raymond's second win and it is well deserved. When you see the bikes he has restored it becomes evident that he loves what he does and also happens to be very, very good at it.
Michael: 
Midcoast, Maine 
85vf1100S,83vf750f,86vfr750,85vf1000RX2,,97VFR,
90 VFR, 77 CB550

klopperg

Once again well done Dutchy  tenof10
This is becoming a habit  ;)
Good choice once again.
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

zarticus

2014 Kawasaki Vaquero
2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400
1986 V65 Magna
1984 V65 Magna
1983 V45 Sabre-Sold

Ironhead

I'm sure Dutchy could damn near fill a whole year with BotM bikes. :thumb
Atlantic Canada
1984 V45 Magna VF750C
1984 Gold Wing Aspencade GL1200A

TarHeelV4Rider

Nothing short of perfection comes out of Raymond's Little V4 man cave out back of his house!
One of these years, I gotta get across the pond!

Congrats to The Dutchy!!  :beer:
V4's are fun!

The Dutchy

Thanks Micheal... Again, overwhelmed when you picked one of my bikes again for the BOTM..

The VF750F has been changed a bit.. The seat has the mark 750 on it and the exhaust system is changed to a 4 into one..
I took her to the track of "Spa - Franchorchamps" (Belgium) where we raced the 777 bike. Here's a pic I took from the VF750F at the top of "eau rouge" corner:

"

Nice corner..

Nice track:

Nice test for the 777 on track..

Back on subject... It was very nice to meet up with Michael, I wish I could meet more board members in the future.
Next stage would be reviving the VF1000FII but that could take a while. At least, the enthusiasm is still there  :thumb

Thanks Guys... And... The door is always open....
:thumb

Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

chazglenn3

Congrats!  Beautiful bike!   :thumb
Charles
2008 FJR1300A
1984 V65 Magna
1983 V65 Magna
1993 ST1100A
Tacoma, WA

Miecul

Well done Dutchy. No one more deserving than you. I'd love to see your bikes in person. Guess Michael's the lucky one. Nice catch Michael!  :thumb :beer: :thumb
Mike
Deep River, Ontario Canada
82 Yamaha Verago
83 V45 Magna
84 V65 Magna

rrwarrenvanman

Not sure how lucky Michael is, he has been to Dutchy's more in the last three years than he has to SGT, just sayin.

At this rate might need to name the trophy 'the Dutchy'.
Ron Warren
Woodhaven, Mi.
ronrwarren@gmail.com
83 V65 Magna blue
83 V65 Magna black

The Dutchy

Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

MB_ED

congrats Dutchy!!!!  tenof10 tenof10 tenof10 tenof10
Bethesda Md.
1995 BMW R1100RS
1984 Magna 700
1986 VFR750F (project)

subsidiarymaxima

Congrats, Raymond!  Well deserved!  Hope to have my 83 'ceptor looking half that good someday.   :thumb

Is that you on the 777?  Nice. What kind of bike is that?
James
Forest Grove, OR
Gone: '87 600 Hurricane, '75 CB400F, '83 VF750F, '86 VFR750F

The Dutchy

Quote from: rrwarrenvanman on August 01, 2014, 05:19:30 PM
Not sure how lucky Michael is, he has been to Dutchy's more in the last three years than he has to SGT, just sayin.

First time Micheal was here, was in 2008. So it would be six... Also, the SGT was in 2010... So...taking three years as a POV Michael has an advance... 1 - 0.

The 777 is a Suzuki GS1000. Allthough it has a Bakker endurance frame/cowl/fuel tank, PVM rims, and a WIWO brake system, the engine is original..   ;D

motorhead1977

Great choice Michael and so wonderfully done Raymond.  tenof10  We're considering another Italy visit as soon as my Italian is more understandable (the south to visit family that is there) and may have to see about routing through Amsterdam with a looooong layover.    :thumb
VFR400 BMW R1250RS
Albany,NY Gone:VF500,VF750Fs VF1000Fs,R VFR 800 CBR250 GL1800 FXDWG,15 Ducati

Joep

the Dutchy again? :huh:

It's fixed I'm telling you. And it's even admitted by FromMaine
...find myself hustling back to Europe with a day in Amsterdam between flights back to the boat. So I contacted Dutchy. He was kind enough to have me over on little notice and, I got to sit on his new bike.

I'm lost for words...

Well. Let's do the easy thing

:beer: Congrats Raymond on yet an other win  :beer:

;D ;)
The beautiful S-E of the Netherlands
VF750F
Road&Track, just let 'm rip.

Hopit88

Kelly
NH
'85 Vf1000R x3
'86 VF1000R
'84 Vf1000F x2

OregonMike

86 VT1100C, gone.
84 V65 Magna, new toy.
Eugene, Oregon.

John Hilmer

Hum,

It seems Raymond can now be called a "Two Timer", yes?  :lol8:

Congratulation Raymond. I think this is well deserved.

John
'86 VF500F, '87 VFR700F2 In Process, '01 KLR 650

The Dutchy

Thanks Guys...

Well, I told everyone that I was very surprised with the local BOTM inspection back in may.. Lucky the backyard doors were closed, otherwise Micheal would have rode this one home...

And I was joking about BOTM being new and improved. But the VF750F realy became BOTM..

@Joep, it's time to enter some pictures into the "Gallery" section on the board, otherwise it's not gonna change... But do I smell something weird ??  ;D

@John... BOTM Two Timer... Yes, and it does feel good...

Lets get started on the VF1000FII this winter and see how that one is gonna turn out.. I'll keep you guys updated...

Joep

:bull:

Okay, okay. I'm just not sure how the board will react to patina ;D
VF750F

BILL PERDUE

Bill Perdue
Charleston SC
1983 V-65 Magna 
1985 V-65 Sabre
2003 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic

madmac74

Beauty 750 which track is that??

MAC ;D
84 V65 Sabre
02 ZRX 1200R
78 KZ650 C2
83 XR 200R

The Dutchy

John Hilmer

Folks,

While I'm sure that Michael is capable of the distance to ride it to Main there seems to be a water problem on the route. Michael may well be able to solve that little problem so having him locked to prevent the theft was very wise.  :lol8:

Just a bump to get this back on top before the next award is offered.  :thumb

John

Quote from: The Dutchy on August 06, 2014, 03:12:47 PM
Thanks Guys...

Well, I told everyone that I was very surprised with the local BOTM inspection back in may.. Lucky the backyard doors were closed, otherwise Micheal would have rode this one home...

And I was joking about BOTM being new and improved. But the VF750F realy became BOTM..

@Joep, it's time to enter some pictures into the "Gallery" section on the board, otherwise it's not gonna change... But do I smell something weird ??  ;D

@John... BOTM Two Timer... Yes, and it does feel good...

Lets get started on the VF1000FII this winter and see how that one is gonna turn out.. I'll keep you guys updated...
'86 VF500F, '87 VFR700F2 In Process, '01 KLR 650

TarHeelV4Rider

Quote from: Joep on August 06, 2014, 04:52:31 PM
:bull:

Okay, okay. I'm just not sure how the board will react to patina ;D

Joep? you will be fine with the patina. Everybody over here knows my V4's have patina. Every year a new scratch or scrape.  :mellow:
V4's are fun!

Joep

Thanks. I was searching if I had my bike's up here somewhere. Should be, but I can't find them  :huh:
VF750F

The Dutchy

Must have been the "Big Crash" back in 2010 where a lot of post got lost reviving this board.. This is also where a lot of posts about "Getting Dutchy to the SGT" got lost..

Still think this is one of my favourite action shots of the second gen "Aajsjinkerracer".....

Allthough, the 3rd gen. provides more line in learningcurves, craftsmanship, and development improvement over the years and therefore is my favourite to observe as a static object...  :thumb

Now everbody gets confused about 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen versions... You'd better put that right Joep..

masonv45

Mason
85 VF700F "Phoenix
84 VF700F "Cerberus (de-parted 'out')

klopperg

VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

Joep