She's holding up pretty good Billy!

Started by Warren T, April 10, 2014, 06:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren T

Sent the carbs to you in Oct of 2011 installed Spring 2012. I learned how easy it can be to not only change out my carbs but also do a valve adjustment. I use the Startrol additive and well, ride.

I got two inline filters now and she's doing good man, everyone still stares at my rack  :eek:
If I manage to get my tanks pristine I might send them back to you for a glance over.

Also Billy, I laid her down in the grass gently, had to drain the flows but she started ok. I checked the air filter and she was dry. Good going man.
She also ran a good seven seconds laying there in the grass!!! Haha "Billy Carr's Carbs, she'll run even laying down.."
Warren.

masonv45

At high speed, two inline filters could cause a problem as the fuel pump may not be able to overcome the restrictions when the carbs need all that fuel fast.  I'd drop it down to one.
Mason
85 VF700F "Phoenix
84 VF700F "Cerberus (de-parted 'out')

Billy C

83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

Warren T

Quote from: masonv45 on April 10, 2014, 09:49:53 AM
At high speed, two inline filters could cause a problem as the fuel pump may not be able to overcome the restrictions when the carbs need all that fuel fast.  I'd drop it down to one.

I haven't noticed any stumble, just that I need the needle shim for that 3k off throttle thing, where I let off and it stumbles slightly at 3k until I roll on the throttle again..it really isn't that big of an issue. It did this with one filter. The first inline is a very small metal one, the second one is the K&N.