July 2015 Bike of the Month

Started by FromMaine, July 07, 2015, 05:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromMaine

There are times when I see a bike and the post with it that something just resonates inside me.

Someone see's a bike they had years ago and buys another one, a bit doggy, but no matter they are going to make it right.

There's no talk about how little was paid, or how much they are going to make when they sell it on. No they bought the bike because they really loved it. And after fixing it up they proved it by making it their daily rider.

What's interesting about this months winner is he managed to convey all that in his single and only post on this Board.

In one paragraph, with two pictures.

Congratulations Bill (NAVMAV), your 1985 VF500F is July 2015's Bike of the Month.

A link to the post. http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=68480.0

Looking at the before and after pics is quite interesting. I assume the added lower fairing is a Lockhart you found somewhere? Like John Hilmer said, what did you do to the exhaust? the before pic shows just the pipes from the collector, the after, well something that would go unnoticed on a GP bike. Have to say I like the seat recovered in red with that livery. I recovered my 1000R in black because I could not find a red naugahyde that did not look like a lipstick color. The grips look exactly like the ones I installed on my bike in England, and now on my 1000R, really like them. Looks like from the pics you changed tires, if you did maybe post up what you chose. I know the 16" front 18" rear is a problem with these and other early Honda V4's

Nice job overall, and a good save. If you have any resto pics please do post them. You'll be helping the next guy along with his, or convincing another to take the plunge.

Glad to have you, and thanks for posting.

Michael

Michael: 
Midcoast, Maine 
85vf1100S,83vf750f,86vfr750,85vf1000RX2,,97VFR,
90 VFR, 77 CB550

FiremanBob

'83 VF750F

klopperg

Congrats Bill, sure you did not expect this to happen on your first post. :thumb
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

zarticus

Nice ride, well done !!  :beer:
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero
2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400
1986 V65 Magna
1984 V65 Magna
1983 V45 Sabre-Sold

canamag

HOLD FAST
Sudbury Ontario Canada

Ironhead

Atlantic Canada
1984 V45 Magna VF750C
1984 Gold Wing Aspencade GL1200A

NAVMAV

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH,........WOW. All these GREAT bikes,....Thanks again. I won Bike of the month,...Very COOL !!!!

WHEW
                                                                                                                                                           Bill S.
NAVMAV

klaatu

BEAUTIFUL BIKE!!!  :thumb :thumb
Toronto Canada
2015 Ducati Diavel

Miecul

We know the hours of work you put into her. The result is breathtaking. Well done and Congratulations Bill!  :thumb :beer: :thumb
Mike
Deep River, Ontario Canada
82 Yamaha Verago
83 V45 Magna
84 V65 Magna