Oct. 2013 Bike of the Month

Started by FromMaine, October 01, 2013, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinn

Quote from: The Dutchy on October 04, 2013, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: John Hilmer on October 04, 2013, 07:25:14 PM
I still like the lines of the '39 Indian Scout, so there isn't any accounting for taste, right

Nothing wrong there mate..
To me the mother of V4 designs is the AJS V4 1939 ish..

A complete FU by design looking at the optics, frame rake etc... But stil I wish I had one...

Anyway, talking about frames and radius... This guy, working as a apprentice for our european famous framebuilder, built his own bike..

Every radius on each bent came back identical...
That's what I like about a Sabre... I't is the mother of our Honda VF series. Some say it is ugly, some say it's... whatever...

Quin, you did a great job...

Those are beautiful bikes.  I never noticed what you were talking about with the radii of the lines on the front and aft sides of the side covers before.   :thumb  One of the other things I love about the shape is how the rank starts wide, tapers back, then the panels swell out again for the side covers and then taper back nicely to the tail.  Kind of reminds me of a woman in a coctail dress, which makes sense.  They say some of the most beautiful automotive design ever was modeled after a woman's curves.

Apparently we're not the only ones who like those lines, since Honda's kept using them on the Nighthawk to an extent.

Most of the time I get praise for the bike, there were even some of my old neighbors' kids (high school --girls none the less) that would always say "Your bike is soooo cool", and it was parked right next to a new Suzuki 600 too.  Then again, some of my buddies bust on me for having a loud, tall-ass 80's bike.  It's all in the eye of the beholder I guess.

People can say what they want about the baby Sabre, but I love the lines too. 
1982 V45 Sabre VF750S, 2012 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200
NoVA

mxdadx2

love the history of the sticker. awesome  :thumb
scott
1985 v65 magna-black 23k
auburn al
jmscottsorter@yahoo.com

John Hilmer

Folks,

As we approach the next months recipient being named, I think that is appropriate to say that this machine and owner are worthy and that I for one appreciate his efforts.

Keeping them alive is a serious thing to me.

Well done Sir.

John
'86 VF500F, '87 VFR700F2 In Process, '01 KLR 650

trumpet

Dave Johnson. Granby Ct. Many mods to bike, Pearl Siren Blue, 83 V65 Magna, BSEET U of Hartford, Ct.

John Hilmer

Michael doesn't always have access to the internet.

John

The Dutchy

Yup.. And there's still 27+ days left to be anxious..

Let's make this one a final call  :pot:

:rolling:
Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

John Hilmer

Folks,

Just to keep us entertained, would anyone care to try to out guess Micheal?  :thumb

John

The Dutchy

Quote from: John Hilmer on November 02, 2013, 06:09:32 PM
Folks,

Just to keep us entertained, would anyone care to try to out guess Micheal?  :thumb

John

Well, one thing for sure... It's got "Honda" written on it somewhere....  :thumb
Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

klopperg

Quote from: The Dutchy on November 02, 2013, 06:30:35 PM
Quote from: John Hilmer on November 02, 2013, 06:09:32 PM
Folks,

John

Well, one thing for sure... It's got "Honda" written on it somewhere....  :thumb
Yes Dutchy, but I will go further and say there is a v4 somewhere on that bike.  ;D
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa