May 2013 Bike of the Month

Started by FromMaine, May 01, 2013, 03:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromMaine

This months winner has been on the shortlist from the beginning. He is one of the most knowledgeable V4 owners I have ever met and has provided me and the Board with tons of information, and technical knowledge. He has also graciously hosted me at his home and despite my shiny side down history, was kind enough to lend me one of his beautiful V4's to ride for a day when I was based in Europe and drove down to meet him. He has a number of V4's worthy of Bike of the Month, but it will be self evident to those who know me why I chose this one.

Congratulations Raymond (Dutchy) your VF1000R is May 2013's Bike of the Month.

A link to Dutchys post in the Gallery section.

http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=63558.0

I was getting ready to fly out to meet the ship and was discussing with my wife where I keep the trophies and that I would let her know where to send it when it dawned on me that I was probably going to pick Raymonds VF1000R as May's BOTM and well I was headed to Europe on the ship anyway. So I told her not to worry, grabbed the trophy and headed for the airport.

Well I'm still at sea (10 days now) and have had a little fun with delivering Dutchys trophy most of the way to the Netherlands.

On the Bridge on a particularly nice day.

Engine Control Room, This is where I've been on this trip, normally I'm on the bridge but I've filled in before, so I got tapped for this crossing when we were short.

Anyway, enough with the Wheres Waldo, once we get to Italy I'll mail it off, and thanks again Raymond for all your help over the years.

Michael

Michael: 
Midcoast, Maine 
85vf1100S,83vf750f,86vfr750,85vf1000RX2,,97VFR,
90 VFR, 77 CB550

zarticus

2014 Kawasaki Vaquero
2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400
1986 V65 Magna
1984 V65 Magna
1983 V45 Sabre-Sold

Stretch

:bow:

Dutchy is a great guy and I cant think of a more deserving person. This is just another sample of his work.
83 - VF1100C
84 - VF1100C "The Bast@rd Magna"
2.75 - 84 VF1100S

John Hilmer

Michael, Dutchy and All,

I guessed partially correct, and of course I think this is well earned several times over.

That is a stunning machine.

John
'86 VF500F, '87 VFR700F2 In Process, '01 KLR 650

Miecul

A great job indeed Dutchy. I know the hours you spent on her. The result is what we see, a bike of beauty. Well done.

Mike
Mike
Deep River, Ontario Canada
82 Yamaha Verago
83 V45 Magna
84 V65 Magna

OregonMike

Great pick Michael!  Dutchy did a fantastic job on that bike.

Safe sailing  :beer:
86 VT1100C, gone.
84 V65 Magna, new toy.
Eugene, Oregon.

CraigT

Another fine and deserving example! Well done Dutchy

The Dutchy

Thanks for all the kind words my friends..

As the top selection picture is missing, here it is..

Sometimes we all need a pad on the shoulder and this one came a bit unexpected. Lately I have been busy with work, the GS endurance racer and the VF750F rebuild. It will all come together, however, time is not always on my side.

This project is getting there, however, it has to be done in two weeks:

I call it a Peashooter GS1000 because she is like a minibike compared to other motorcycles..

Anyway, over the last decade, the most beautiful things happened to me, and some of them were not possible because of you guys..
My first Interceptor rebuild where this forum was were I got most of my info..
Getting me through the 1000R project..
Getting to the SGT in 2010 and got my patch on riding the Dragon..

Most of all, meeting all these new friends, which some of them, I met in person, some of them I never met, but all of you are a great bunch of people which are part of my daily life..
If I thank a line of persons who made this all happening to me, I am afraid to leave someone out, so therefore, a BIG THANK YOU to all who let me into their lives for the last decade...

Yes I have been under shame:

But I am happy to be in Sunshine this month..

Dutchy

Oh btw.. Micheal, great pics on your playroom... Let me kow when you are close by.. Maybe set up another day or so to spend some time over here.. (I see you have the TomTom with you so finding my spot is gona bee an easy one ). Door is Always open, but that accounts for any V4hondabbs member..
Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

Hopit88

Michael is right, Dutchy has a few worthy of being in here. She's a beauty for sure! :beer:
Kelly
NH
'85 Vf1000R x3
'86 VF1000R
'84 Vf1000F x2

chazglenn3

Congrats, Dutchy!  She is beautiful!   :thumb
Charles
2008 FJR1300A
1984 V65 Magna
1983 V65 Magna
1993 ST1100A
Tacoma, WA

TarHeelV4Rider

I understand why you picked this one, Michael!  :beer:
Congrats, Dutchy!  :beer:
V4's are fun!

Jeff in Franklin TN

The journey is the destination.
83 V65 Magna
00 VFR (Love it!!)
07 VFR AE

kdf9511

Ye Olde MagnaWing,
The LaZBoy
From whence came you, and whither are you travelling?

MB_ED

Bethesda Md.
1995 BMW R1100RS
1984 Magna 700
1986 VFR750F (project)

a65bug

Paco
Suffield, CT
2001 ZRX1200...I know, it's not a V4...

BenNCSU

Congrats Dutchy! I know I'm not the only one who's learned a lot from your input here and drooled over your bikes.  :beer:
'83 VF1100C
'01 GL1500CF
'83 VF1100C (sold)
'83 VF750C 4/13 BOTM (sold)

GreyVF750F

01 BlackBird, VF750F-Sold,  West of Cleve, Oh. Other toy-66 GTO with a 2bbl motor. It has 3 of them.

Doc4pcs

83 V45 Magna 
84 VF700 Sabre
84 V65 Magna

87 Super Magna
84 V65 Magna

Magoo

A prime example of a beautiful V4 and a beautiful member of our family.

Congrats, Dutchy and good pick Michael!

Magoo
I love all motorcycles.  Especially if they're a Honda.

klopperg

Well done Dutchy, beautiful bike. tenof10
Good on you Michael for an excellent choice.
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

djohnson3626

A very Wise Choice, congratulations Dutchy, you have more than earned the trophy!!
85 V65 Sabre, Oil Mod, Corbin, Rifle,
David in Eagan, MN

v4forever

Dutchys bike of the month is a prime example of why we do this.
Sense of pride in my opinion.
Congratulations on a fine example of Honda engineering.
Al
Vancouver, B.C.

2005 ST 1300 ABS
2010 Uni Go Trailer
1982 V45 Sabre

CruisingRam

Fantastic bike, fantastic board member- congrats!
1985 V-65 Sabre, viper red paint
1975 Z1-B Kawasaki 900 viper red paint

Pics of bike:
[

subsidiarymaxima

Amazing bike, Dutchy!  Very well deserved!   :thumb
James
Forest Grove, OR
Gone: '87 600 Hurricane, '75 CB400F, '83 VF750F, '86 VFR750F

The Dutchy

Again, thanks guys..

These replies Always get me through the rebuilds and also get me anxious to start another...

Here's my finished VF750F project...

What's next ??
Dunno actualy..

Maybe a VF400F or VF500FII. A 1000F ??  :beer:

I still have a VF750Sabre in parts....

Nah..... It's time to have some fun...
Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

The Dutchy

As said before.. I am very thankfull of being a V4hondabbs board member..

What all you guys do, and get together for all eachother is amazing.. It's stronger than being part of a messageboard. It's like being family..

And speaking of family. Family means there are funtimes, serious talk, and looking out for eachother. But also the not so fun times.. I guess being in a family there are also serious moments you aren't proud of. Strongest point is keep talking to eachother, and respecting one another..

What I experienced from all of you over the years, that all of you are there when the crap real hits the fan... And that's why I all love you like family..

Dutchy

klopperg

Quote from: The Dutchy on May 23, 2013, 05:15:05 PM
Again, thanks guys..

These replies Always get me through the rebuilds and also get me anxious to start another...

Here's my finished VF750F project...

What's next ??
Dunno actualy..

Maybe a VF400F or VF500FII. A 1000F ??  :beer:

I still have a VF750Sabre in parts....

Nah..... It's time to have some fun...
Beautifull Dutchy,
tel us more about those Laser exhausts.
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

Warren T

Congrats.
I've learned allot from all the work you've done here.
Its really hard to take photos when I am deep in a project and don't want to forget where that damn bolt goes, so I appreciate all the time you take to edit and post them.  O0

John Hilmer

Warren & All,

I applaud your thoughts about the knowledge that Raymond has provided and I too have learned from him, quite a bit in fact.

Beyond this Raymond has helped me to source parts for the VFR 400 that I could not find.

He gives of his time, ability and knowledge freely and has done so for many years.

Raymond, your excellent machine will now be enshrined in this thread forever and I salute you for all of the above.

Raymond, you are a star among us in my perspective.

Now, Jeffery, your buddy, .....  :rolling:

I'm just kidding in this last bit of course.

Tomorrow we expect to see the next selected BOTM. I look forward to seeing which of the many excellent machines that are represented in the thread that Mr. Michael will honor.

I have my possible list, do you?

We Wait Micheal,

John
'86 VF500F, '87 VFR700F2 In Process, '01 KLR 650

The Dutchy

I received the trophy Michael..

To share proof of it, I shot a picture of my bike with the trophy..

Maybe just an idea to open up one topic which reveals all the selected BOTM bikes with their trophy...

Many thanks,

Dutchy