March 2013 Bike of the Month

Started by FromMaine, March 01, 2013, 07:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klopperg

Quote from: John Hilmer on March 26, 2013, 07:50:06 PM

There are members here that deliberately avoided making comments; I assume for different reasons. Some probably because they like me shun the spot light and others that are just plain think this sort of thing is not of value.

John

Name and shame them John, because that is just sick.
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

GreyVF750F

Just ran across this. Nice job on the 500. Looks super and is worthy of at least BOTM. I agree with you about restoring these bikes. They are super bikes that still are as good today as anything else out there for sport touring and just plan old fun.
01 BlackBird, VF750F-Sold,  West of Cleve, Oh. Other toy-66 GTO with a 2bbl motor. It has 3 of them.

The Dutchy

I don't know how to reply to this one John... You know the first thing would be the language barrier..

Anyway..

Positive reactions, Always make you feel better, and can really pull you through a hard moment to get to the next level.

Criticism, no matter what it is, always pulls you down, and you are searching for answers (replying a post or researching for an answer) causing extra time..

However, in our mindset, we get credit for the positive answers, and we neglect the negative answers. And here's the trick... :

The negatives don't say anything about you.. It's just what others interpretate as being "how it could be better". However, they have never been confronted to your problem at that time in this moment..

And for this moment, I don't have anything to add, besides that it is a very brilliant VF500F 'ceptor I can't match to buy or restore currently..

Dutchy
Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

boogityx3

I love seeing any of these old V4s looking as good as this one does.
It brings me back to the days as a young man, when I went to the
Honda shop in the small town I grew up in, and walked around the
showroom floor among these awesome machines, feeling not even
worthy of dreaming of ever owning one.
Since then, it's hard to run across  them looking as old as they are.
Makes me feel old.
Nice work keeping this one up.

Stretch

I remember back in 83 walking around the honda shop but always gravitating to the V65 Magna. They had a burgundy one right next to the blue. Wow, the thoughts that went through my head.  I had just bought a KZ440 about a year before for $1000 and with nothing else worth any money I was still about $3000 short.

Seeing the care and love put into these machines reminds me why I've still got my first V65 and always will. That one is not for sale.

John, you have done well. I salute you!
83 - VF1100C
84 - VF1100C "The Bast@rd Magna"
2.75 - 84 VF1100S

CruisingRam

Great job! ARe you able to start riding it yet? That model of VF would be a huge find for me here- I could not think of a more ideal commuter bike for Hawaii! I am green with envy.
1985 V-65 Sabre, viper red paint
1975 Z1-B Kawasaki 900 viper red paint

Pics of bike:
[

rxpx40

Quote from: John Hilmer on March 26, 2013, 07:50:06 PM
I was planning to wait until Friday the 29th to reply thinking that all replies would be received by then, but it seems that this is complete now.
Sweet looking ride, John! :beer:
'82 CX500T, '85 VF1100C, 1 project VF750S, '03 K1200RS