Tapatalk not working

Started by MagnaWing, December 07, 2012, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnaWing

I've tried logging into the BBS using Tapatalk & I keep getting a message that the plugin isn't working.  I'm running the latest update of the app. Any chance someone could look into this?
1994 VF750C Magna (aka The MagnaWing)
1970 CB350K2 (Thanks, Rocco!!!)
NW New Jersey

Billy C

Have you tried re-booting your orifice?  :lol8:

j/k, I don't even know what a tapatalk is. Just following the old sig line joke.
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

a65bug

Hasn't worked since the weird messages started appearing at the top of the page.
Paco
Suffield, CT
2001 ZRX1200...I know, it's not a V4...

golfer

There is a fix for that.....

Somehow the Settings.php file has gotten hosed.  Open it with Notepad++ or a suitable php editor and make sure that

?>

is on the last line of the file and nothing else is on that line.  Additionally make sure there is only one line like that in the file.

So when you open the file it looks something like this

# Make sure the paths are correct... at least try to fix them.
if (!file_exists($boarddir) && file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/agreement.txt'))
  $boarddir = dirname(__FILE__);
if (!file_exists($sourcedir) && file_exists($boarddir . '/Sources'))
  $sourcedir = $boarddir . '/Sources';

?>

$db_character_set = 'utf8';
?>

It needs to look like this with the first ?> removed

# Make sure the paths are correct... at least try to fix them.
if (!file_exists($boarddir) && file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/agreement.txt'))
  $boarddir = dirname(__FILE__);
if (!file_exists($sourcedir) && file_exists($boarddir . '/Sources'))
  $sourcedir = $boarddir . '/Sources';

$db_character_set = 'utf8';
?>

And most likely the $db_character_set = 'utf8';  could be deleted too but it should'nt hurt anything to be there.
2-85 V65 Magnas  

N2BRK

I know what is wrong.  I know how to fix it.  I can't get access to the server to do it - for some reason my login hasn't worked in a LOOONG time.  Andre hasn't restored my access in um years and years of requests.  Oh well.  Persian Flaw.

golfer

Quote from: N2BRK on June 02, 2013, 10:21:22 PM
  Persian Flaw.

LOL...as a flooring installer I have used that term from time to time...I thought you were the higher power....didn't realize Andre hijacked you.  :lol8:
2-85 V65 Magnas