Rules of the forum?

Started by klopperg, December 21, 2010, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klopperg

I was wondering how this Karma thing works:
If you do good you get positive points, if you do bad you get negative points?
What is good and what is bad?
Who is the judge/s
How does the ranking work?
I am a newbie, when do I become what? :???:
Just curious ??
Happy ridings :bike:
Gerrie
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

OregonMike

I thought I heard that your net total would be given as that many $ in gift cards to the V4Market @ the end of the year by Mongo :dunno:

:rolling: fthrower
86 VT1100C, gone.
84 V65 Magna, new toy.
Eugene, Oregon.

Jeff in Franklin TN

Hi Gerrie,
The "newbie" status will change with the number of replies and threads that you post. All members can give each other good karma or bad karma. IE "blow sunshine"----"smite bag" You can't give it to yourself. You are only allowed one + or - per person per every 12 hour period. I'm not liked here. The reason my karma is so good is because I pay The Dutchy a nickel for every ray of sunshine he blows me.  ;D
:beer:
Jeff
The journey is the destination.
83 V65 Magna
00 VFR (Love it!!)
07 VFR AE

kdf9511

The more you pick on Sabres the worse your Karma gets.  Just look at mine.  And post counts don't really count either if you poke the bear.  I know mine has been reset a couple of times.
Ye Olde MagnaWing,
The LaZBoy
From whence came you, and whither are you travelling?

Billy C

Karma is a just a way to give your approval or disapproval to another member in a non violent way. It would be more fun if we could punch each other for saying stupid stuff but we are scattered all over the world. It is basically meaningless. We're all here to have fun and help each other, mostly.
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

The Dutchy

Quote from: saber_35 avatar thief on December 21, 2010, 12:28:11 PM
The reason my karma is so good is because I pay The Dutchy a nickel for every ray of sunshine he blows me.  ;D
Jeff

That would be $15,- please...

Gerrie, that sounds like a Dutch name to me... Dutch ancestors ??

Oh.. Don't watch the Karma thing... It doesn't make any sense at all... You're either liked or not... I'm from The Netherlands and managed to stay for about five or six years now.. Dunno why, but I have to quit soon because the shrink is overcharging me right now...
Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

Jeff in Franklin TN

Quote from: The Dutchy on December 21, 2010, 05:58:21 PM
The reason my karma is so good is because I pay The Dutchy a nickel for every ray of sunshine he blows me.  ;D
Jeff

Oh.. Don't watch the Karma thing... It doesn't make any sense at all... You're either liked or not... I'm from The Netherlands and managed to stay for about five or six years now.. Dunno why, but I have to quit soon because the shrink is overcharging me right now...
Would that be Euro or U.S. currency?
83 V65 Magna
00 VFR (Love it!!)
07 VFR AE

The Dutchy

Quote from: saber_35 avatar thief on December 21, 2010, 07:07:16 PM

We don't have nickels over here so to carry 300 of them would be completely useless I think..

By the way... Is this your cat ?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZoFJILqZQ
Those that walk along with the great herd, regularly walks through the crap left behind by others..

luv2fly

The fastest way o get sunshine or smited it to post a very opinionated thread.  Politics is always good.  Leave nothing to the imagination and be very single minded.  Your Karma count wil usually skyrocket.

However, this is considered 'poking the bear' as Kerry pointed out.  Your post count can be reset for mild discipline, or in extreme cases, you may recieve an obnoxious smite count overnight.  You will get smite and sunshone for what seems like no reason at all and get the opposite for what you think you should get.

It means nothing, but it hasn't stopped me from making a flow chart with my posts scientifically mapped along with who is online when to statistically determine who smote/blew sunshine at me.  NASA is helping me with a program.  It gets worse when my meds aren't refilled.

sabma

Jeff in Franklin TN

Quote from: The Dutchy on December 21, 2010, 07:11:37 PM

We don't have nickels over here so to carry 300 of them would be completely useless I think..

....was this video suppose to funny?   :asshat
83 V65 Magna
00 VFR (Love it!!)
07 VFR AE

Billy C

Quote from: saber_35 avatar thief on December 21, 2010, 09:13:54 PM

....was this video suppose to funny?

It would have been if one of the dogs had snatched up that cat.

QuoteI was wondering how this Karma thing works:

Gerrie, above is an example of how the karma meter works. My friends will think it was funny because they know my cat background, +1 karma. My not so friends will think it was crude because they know my cat background, -1 karma. The cat lovers will surely smite me as may some of the pit bull owners because we all know they are kind loving gentle animals and would never maul a 3 yr old child to death in the front yard much less a kitty. See, that just upped the negative smite count a lot. In the end someone always gets a pube caught in their zipper and complains loudly enough and it goes away for a few months but always comes back again reset to 0/0.
Grand Saline, TX

klopperg

Quote from: Billy C on December 21, 2010, 09:58:29 PM
Quote from: saber_35 avatar thief on December 21, 2010, 09:13:54 PM

....was this video suppose to funny?

It would have been if one of the dogs had snatched up that cat.

QuoteI was wondering how this Karma thing works:

Gerrie, above is an example of how the karma meter works. My friends will think it was funny because they know my cat background, +1 karma. My not so friends will think it was crude because they know my cat background, -1 karma. The cat lovers will surely smite me as may some of the pit bull owners because we all know they are kind loving gentle animals and would never maul a 3 yr old child to death in the front yard much less a kitty. See, that just upped the negative smite count a lot. In the end someone always gets a pube caught in their zipper and complains loudly enough and it goes away for a few months but always comes back again reset to 0/0.
Thanks Billyc :thumb
Very complicated though so I will not worry to much about the Karma thing then.
But who judges the scores? :???:
Happy Ridings :bike:
Gerrie
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

klopperg

Quote from: The Dutchy on December 21, 2010, 05:58:21 PM
Jeff

Spot-on Duthchy, my ancestors are from The Netherlands, four or five generations back, therefore the Dutch surname.
Yeah right, those Americans seems like a crazy bunch, sympathy with you and the shrink)  fthrower
Happy Ridings :bike:
Gerrie
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

The Dutchy

Nice....

So do you speak the African/Dutch language or is it primarily English ??

I still have relatives living in Kaapstad (Cape town), and maybe one day I will visit them.. They were over in The Netherlands two years ago, and it was quite remarkable their language was such alike the "old Dutch" language from the 17th century.. Over the years the language evolved differently, but you still hear certain aspects of Dutch..

v65infla

Welcome Gerrie and DO NOT sweat the karma thing.  I personally like to have some fun with it and see who I can "Motivate" once in a while to give me either some good or negative karma.   ;D

Some personal observations are that starting threads about "Dogs" will generally see your karma count rise for to the good. (I actually did that once and watched, just for fun)  :lol8:  On the other hand sometimes I will respond to something with a stronger emotion just to  :pot: and wait to see how many negative's I get, then I laugh to myself about it.  Some here don't like it, I think it is a great way to show your approval or disapproval without making a big hairy deal out of every single issue when you disagree with someone.  Just my .02.   :mellow:
Jamie
Fort Pierce, Fl.
2022 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour

Billy C

Karma is either a feel good tool or a whip to punish your foes with. What really matters around here, what really determines ones alpha status is not the # of bikes you own, how hot your wife is or even the size of your johnson rod. It's your post count! Post whores rule!!  Whoohoo!!!   ;D
Grand Saline, TX

kdf9511

Quote from: v65infla on December 22, 2010, 10:32:45 PM
Welcome Gerrie and DO NOT sweat the karma thing.  I personally like to have some fun with it and see who I can "Motivate" once in a while to give me either some good or negative karma.   ;D

Looks like I need to help you out there then.... :wacko:
Ye Olde MagnaWing,
The LaZBoy

klopperg

So do you speak the African/Dutch language or is it primarily English ??

Correct Dutchy,
I am actually "Afrikaans" speaking. It is a language developed by my forfathers and have a lot of Dutch, German, French etc. connotations. English is my second language, therefore all the spelling mistakes and tense errors.
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

klopperg

Some personal observations are that starting threads about "Dogs" will generally see your karma count rise for to the good. (I actually did that once and watched, just for fun)  :lol8:  On the other hand sometimes I will respond to something with a stronger emotion just to  :pot: and wait to see how many negative's I get, then I laugh to myself about it.  Some here don't like it, I think it is a great way to show your approval or disapproval without making a big hairy deal out of every single issue when you disagree with someone.  Just my .02.   :mellow:
Thanks V65infla, I think I am starting to see the light. :thumb
VF750f Interceptor - 83
BMW R1200RTW - 17
BMW GS650 Dakar

Gerrie
South Africa

v65infla

Quote from: kdf9511 on December 22, 2010, 11:54:41 PM
Welcome Gerrie and DO NOT sweat the karma thing.  I personally like to have some fun with it and see who I can "Motivate" once in a while to give me either some good or negative karma.   ;D

Looks like I need to help you out there then.... :wacko:

I see my negative count has risen a bit in the past couple of days.  Not sure if it this post or the one in the main forum about the chopping up a V65 but either way I think it is funny as hell.   :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

One my favorite things in life is to entertain myself by predicting what emotion I will get from someone by calculating something I will say in advance.  I had great fun with this when I was first going out with the wife and getting to know some of her friends for the first time.   ;)

I find it really hard to get upset about words on the net when I have had people try to stab me and run me over with cars.   ;D
Jamie
Fort Pierce, Fl.

Jeff in Franklin TN

83 V65 Magna
00 VFR (Love it!!)
07 VFR AE

kdf9511

Just remember when in doubt poke the bear or pick on a Sabre.  It allways makes me feel better. ^-^
Ye Olde MagnaWing,
The LaZBoy

spotty

It's kind of like me going on and on and on about how ugly my sister might be. So then you come along and agree...."yeah...she's really ugly" . Well...then I have to smite you even though you agree with me, cause it's OK for ME to say that, but no one else can. Make sense?

v65infla

Jamie
Fort Pierce, Fl.

Jeff in Franklin TN

83 V65 Magna
00 VFR (Love it!!)
07 VFR AE

daffyv6tfv

oh  my      eeww    hurl
83 v65 magna -85 v65 magna- 83 mag parter/rnr     gurnee,il

Billy C

Quote from: v65infla on December 23, 2010, 11:30:20 AM
One my favorite things in life is to entertain myself by predicting what emotion I will get from someone by calculating something I will say in advance.  I had great fun with this when I was first going out with the wife and getting to know some of her friends for the first time.  

Hmmm, sounds like my 1st wife. Ex-wife.
Grand Saline, TX

Marmite

Quote from: luv2fly on December 21, 2010, 07:42:04 PM
The fastest way o get sunshine or smited it to post a very opinionated thread.  Politics is always good.  Leave nothing to the imagination and be very single minded.  Your Karma count wil usually skyrocket.

I concur...  :lol:
1982 V45 Sabre | 2013 CB500F
Udon Thani, ไทย
V4 Manuals

Al Zhymers

Lol 2 smites today I posted a PS stating whomever gave me a smite can suck my left nut so I get another. I do not have dry balls.  :dunno:

Either they are jealous of me or they like the taste of my V-testicles.

AL

mikeinAZ

you're making friends ALL OVER, aren't you Al?
1985 VF1100S
two dogs
one bird
etc.
Tucson, AZ