donations to the forum

Started by aarongd, June 14, 2009, 08:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarongd

hey guys, i know its not required and there is no set fee for being a member here, but i think every once in awhile we should make a donation to Wal for all his work to keep this forum going. i know we all forget sometimes but its because of Wal that we have such an active forum. the best one i have ever been a part of. i know because of this forum, i have had several favors done for me,  and has because of the  knowledge of members here, helped me solve tons of problems restoring these old bikes. i seriously doubt that anyone that is a member here has not helped them as well. if it was not for this board can you imagine how many of these v4's that would be in the boneyard???? so on that note, if anyone can spare few bucks here and there, anty up some cash for Wal to keep this forum alive. thumbs up to Wal!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumb :thumb here is his paypal addy. wshults@v4hondabbs.com if you don't have paypal, you could send a check to

Wallace Shults
104 Partree Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003-2112
Had Many v65 Magnas, restored and sold,  one not so happy wife!! brimfield mass 01010

Blue-Grass-Tornado

My 15 VMAX

Billy C

Give it up ya cheap barstards.  ;)  Unless you are among the unemployed, then we'll let you slide.

Maybe the point needs to be made that it ain't to pay Wal for his time, it is to pay the server fees. Now if Wally chooses to buy a 6 pack of the cheap stuff every now and then far be it from me to bitch. Hell, he's a school teacher. He's rolling in it.  :pot:
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

Rufryder

Will send a donation this week. Being relatively new here, I've found everyone both friendly and helpful. I look forward to reaping the membership benefits in the future and offering any help that I can also.

Dean  83 Magna V65

Toronto Ontario

BrandonMag

Quote from: Rufryder on June 14, 2009, 10:26:50 PM
I've found everyone both friendly and helpful.

Everyone except for that Billy guy.  He's bad news.    ;D

Seriously though, I'll be sending a donation to Wal shortly.  After all, I get more entertainment here than anywhere else on the web.  Except for Google News, maybe.
Brandon
1983 V65 Magna
Yacolt, WA

Silar

Hell... All I have to say is that as much time as I spend on here, I should be paying rent!!!  Since I became a Magnaholic, I am frequenting this board at least an hour or two each day... God I'm sick...

Sending my donation this week!
Jamie Adams
Ashland, KY

1984 Honda V65 Magna

evansss22

Quote from: Billy C on June 14, 2009, 10:16:22 PM
Give it up ya cheap barstards.  ;)  Unless you are among the unemployed, then we'll let you slide.

Hell I am unemployed and I have a 2.5 month old son and I am still going to send a couple of bucks asap!
East Greenville, Pa
3rd gen magna

Gadzooks....PnS ROCK

MFOX

Hell I didn't know Wal was in Cherry Hill NJ just never came across that info. I will have look you up since I still have family in Maple Shade. Maybe I will just drop off my donation...   
1985 V65 Magna
2005 Gold Wing
Jasper TN

depush

Server fees are a monthly thang. So once a quarter or so wouldn't be too often. Sent.   :beer:

TomDac

I have been running a hi-fi enthusiast forum for about 5 years.  It is alot of work... 

Best thing I ever did was to get Google Adsense on the site.  People click on the ads and I get paid... :beer:

I get about 45 dollars a month from Adsense.. give or take..  this pays for all my hosting fees and software upgrades...    Of course I have to declare this as income, report it to the IRS, etc., but that's OK...

Wal, you should look into this....   

donation is on the way. 

Rancho Mirage,  CA
http://www.flyv65.com

Hammer

Will send this week. Any idea what the average contribution should be? I don't want to offend if I only send $5 or $10 bucks.
Thanks
86 V65 Magna Salina, Ks.
82 V45 Magna - in a state of repair

depush

well, its a community thing. I'm sure 5 or 10 bucks would be appreciated.

Blue-Grass-Tornado

Quote from: Hammer on June 15, 2009, 11:43:00 AM
Will send this week. Any idea what the average contribution should be? I don't want to offend if I only send $5 or $10 bucks.
Thanks

Anything will help, and trust me, it won't offend Wal !!!!!!!
My 15 VMAX

PLCGuy

I have never given WAL a cent......
However, everytime I send a small part to someone, I eat the shipping and require them to send a donation to WAL. I hope he has received MANY donations from me as I send MANY parts out.
EE, IBA, SGT6,7,9,10,11,12,14,16,17,18,19 Ninja1000,ST1100,VFR800,83V65

Jezriak

The first post under the donations section gives the paypal addy but says "I can not take a Credit Card funded payment".  That doesn't make sense to me so I posted a question to that but it went unanswered.  Maybe we could clarify that thread? I"ll throw a few bucks at it anyway though...
Jay J
'83 Magna V45
Motor City Michigan

Dirty Stinken

SJFP

Steve
85 V65 Sabre
09 C14 Diablo Blk
09 ZX14 Burnt Orange
11 ZX10R Blk
12 ZX14R SE Green

N2BRK

I got 8 payments in my inbox when I came home... I figured something was up  :beer:  Found the thread - thanks guys!!!

As far as the no credit cards - I have a free account on Paypal and it doesn't let me that CC funded payments.  I'm not in business or anything, so I don't see a need to upgrade (and pay Paypal fees!).  

I don't advertise or make regular pleas for donations.  I figure that this is something that I love to do, and I am giving back to the community that helped me IMMENSELY over the years!!!  Some years I've been ahead and some years I've been behind; I have NO complaints or ambitions!  

Not including this go-round, I have had about 10 people send me money this year.  BillyC has sent 3 times!!!  I try to tell him to stop, but he won't listen.  He is consistently the most regular contributor keeping us alive.  I can't thank Billy enough - we should ALL thank Billy!!!!  Don't give him a big head though.

BTW - I'm on red alert for the baby girl.  She's due any time now :-)

Big Al in NY

Quote from: Jezriak on June 15, 2009, 02:21:52 PM
"I can not take a Credit Card funded payment".  That doesn't make sense to me so I posted a question to that but it went unanswered.  Maybe we could clarify that thread?
I'll esplain it as I remember it. If your paypal is setup for bank transfers only then there is no fee (or the fee is minimal) when recieving bank transfers. Once you set it up to take credit card payments the fee to recieve goes up for payments on everything recieved by credit card or bank transfers. That's also why you'll see some have 2 paypal accounts. Why pay extra fees if not needed.

HTH,
Big Al

Big Al in NY

freerider57

I reckon I could help a little too......being just a newbie and all. So I will hold-off on the dishwasher/partswasher thing a little longer, you can get a 6 pack of your favorite and get the newbie that's due in your life something too.
Congratulations for when the baby girl arrives!

Thanks for all you do for all of us......

boogityx3

Quote from: N2BRK on June 15, 2009, 05:47:35 PM
BTW - I'm on red alert for the baby girl.  She's due any time now :-)

If you haven't picked out a name for her yet,
I think Boogity has a nice ring to it.

Enjoy that kid, Wal. They're awesome.
Heck, mine can even fly.
It's a bird!  It's a plane!   No, it's a little Boogity kid!

aarongd

clay. thats what i thought too. but apparently not. i did the same thing you did, but after talking to wal. did not appear to be working...  :???:

Quote from: PLCGuy on June 15, 2009, 12:46:55 PM
I have never given WAL a cent......
However, everytime I send a small part to someone, I eat the shipping and require them to send a donation to WAL. I hope he has received MANY donations from me as I send MANY parts out.
Had Many v65 Magnas, restored and sold,  one not so happy wife!! brimfield mass 01010

N2BRK

the flight looks ok, but the landing gear is questionable.  I think it will be a bumpy stop; water landings only!

bubba

I'm in. Thanks for keeping it together , Wal.
Bob
Cincinnati
I don't have to pay for it.
But, You do!
Go for it!

Howtech

Done............

Enjoy your new blessing. 22 and a half years ago mine was born. Next year she's getting married. Where'd the time go?

<><
'85 V65 Magna
'74 S3 trip Kaw
'87 GL1200I GoldWing Interstate

Nathan

Cleaned out my PayPal account for you, Wal.  Sorry it was only $2800.  Really appreciate you keeping things going here!

daffyv6tfv

i  wouldnt appoligize   for  giving  2800  dollars                        even  28.00           
83 v65 magna -85 v65 magna- 83 mag parter/rnr     gurnee,il

Nathan

Quote from: daffyv6tfv on June 16, 2009, 10:08:10 PM
i  wouldnt appoligize   for  giving  2800  dollars                        even  28.00           

Yes, $28.00 was what it was.  ;)

N2BRK

had me going for a sec...  :lol8:

I haven't used Paypal in quite a while, and now it seems that they take a cut no matter what!  I kept the "free" personal account for 10 years avoiding fees, but now everything except bank transfers get a fee!  Greedy SOB's!  Must be since eBay bought em out that they are getting uppity. 

THANKS TO THE GUYS THAT SENT SINCE MY LAST THANK YOU!!!!