BBS friendly carb cleaning service NO LONGER IN BUSINESS

Started by Billy C, March 17, 2008, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy C

All is well again.

I decided to split these into 2 versions like I do on ebay. There is an econo version and primo version. The difference between the 2 services are as follows. The rebuilds are identical except the premium service includes replacement of all the screws with stainless steel cap screws (allens), media blasting of the float bowls & plenum interiors and polishing all the carb bodies and plenum exterior. The econo service gets the same functional rebuild without the cosmetic treatment. No need to pay in advance, I will bill you when the carbs are finished.  This applies to '82 - '88 500cc - 1100cc.

1st Gen Magna, Sabre, Interceptor (82 - 86).  It is $270.00 for the premium rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail or $240.00 for the econo rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail effective 07 Apr 2014.

2nd Gen Super Magna (87 - 88). It is $270.00 for the premium rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail or $240.00 for the econo rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail effective 07 Apr 2014.

3rd Gen Magnas (94 - 03). It is $305.00 for the premium rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail or $275.00 for the econo rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail effective 07 Apr 2014.    Please note - When you ship them make sure to add extra packing on the side with the throttle cable cam/wheel. If it takes a hit against that side during shipping the cam gets snapped in half. I have exhausted my spares for that part so it will ruin both our days if you don't pack it well.

3rd Gen early Interceptor (90 - 93).  It is $305.00 for the premium rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail or $275.00 for the econo rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail effective 07 Apr 2014.  Please note - When you ship them make sure to add extra packing on the side with the throttle cable cam/wheel. If it takes a hit against that side during shipping the cam gets snapped in half. I have exhausted my spares for that part so it will ruin both our days if you don't pack it well.

4th Gen late Interceptor (94 - 97).  It is $305.00 for the premium rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail or $275.00 for the econo rebuild service + $30.00 for return shipping via USPS Priority Mail effective 07 Apr 2014.  Please note - When you ship them make sure to add extra packing on the side with the throttle cable cam/wheel. If it takes a hit against that side during shipping the cam gets snapped in half. I have exhausted my spares for that part so it will ruin both our days if you don't pack it well.

Other models - I can rebuild other models not listed such as the ST and probably others I have not thought of yet. I am trying to get all the v4 models listed and kits and rebuilds nailed down solid but I lead a busy life and tend to get to the listing stuff when I get to it.  :???:  If you have a Honda V4 not listed contact me and we can discuss. I don't do anything but Honda V4 bikes.

The basic process includes disassy, cleaning in my large ultrasonic cleaner, mild polishing job with the primo version, full inspection of parts, replacement of all seals and most hardware with stainless steel parts, new float valve assemblies, adjust float levels and reassembly. I do a bench synch on the choke pistons and throttle plates. If any broken fuel tubes, ripped diaphragms or other damaged parts are encountered there will be an adjustment to the price or you can supply those parts. For this reason I prefer to invoice you after the work is complete but I won't turn away prepays. Email me for turnaround times. It varies depending on my workload. You can not beat this deal anywhere!

If in doubt check me out with the BBS moderators and members. I have a solid reputation here and on other V4 forums. My work is guaranteed. You can also check my feedback rating on ebay under seller name fngster. My ebay listings are here - http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfngster, but don't purchase anything there unless you are willing to pay ebay prices.  :(

Contact info -
Billy or Dana Carr
20706 State Highway 19
Canton, TX  75103-5751

Email billycarrjr@earthlink.net
Paypal billycarrjr@earthlink.net (personal payments only)
Phone 903-567-1543

Include the worksheet with your carbs, see pic below.

More specific how to send and what to expect directions....

Here is what you need to know to get your carbs sent off to me for servicing. Any questions, call me at 903-567-1543.

No need to pay in advance, I will bill you when the carbs are finished. Prices for various models are quoted above. The differences between the 2 services are as follows. The rebuilds are identical except the premium service includes media blasting of the float bowls & plenum interiors and polishing all the carb bodies and plenum exterior. The econo service gets the same functional treatment without the cosmetic treatment. If you are one of those people who spend time polishing their bike go with the premium service.  If you are like me whose bike gets washed when it rains go with the econo service.
  You are responsible for shipping them to me. You can ship the carbs to me using any of the shipping services – USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, Purolator etc. I will bill you upon completion of the work and if any damaged components are discovered either you will supply them or there will be an additional charge if I supply them. The most common damaged parts are broken fuel tubes and ripped vacuum diaphragms. Both are easy enough to examine yourself before you send them so you don't have any surprises.
  I need you to take a look at the worksheet below. Fill it out, print it and include it with your carbs. If for some reason you can't print just fill it out and email it back to me or scribble the pertinent info on a sheet of paper and stick it in the box. This worksheet will make things flow a lot smoother. I hate it when someone sends a rack via a packaging store with no info as I don't know who they came from, how to contact them etc.
  You will need to drain the fuel and wrap the carbs and attached aluminum plenum in plastic. Pad them well to avoid shipping damage. Bubble wrap or plastic peanuts work best but crushed newspaper is generally acceptable so long as it is packed in tight and at least 2" of material surrounds the carbs on all sides.
  * The aluminum plenum the carb bodies attach to must be included.

Thanks,
Billy

Email - billycarrjr@earthlink.net
PayPal payments - billycarrjr@earthlink.net
Seller name on eBay - fngster
Associate Website - http://www.v4market.com/ 
Phone # 903-567-1543

Billy Carr
20706 State Highway 19
Canton, TX  75103-5751

83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

Billy C

A picture is worth a thousand words...

I love this one. It shows everything cleaned and ready to reassemble. Lots of stuff eh?

Grand Saline, TX

Billy C

This is what you can expect to get back in the mail.
Grand Saline, TX

Billy C

Grand Saline, TX

Billy C

Now doing V30 Carbs. Following pics are of a Primo rebuild on a V30 Magna (Cali model).

Grand Saline, TX

eddiesv65

tool

Winchester Gunsmith Professional 51 Piece Screwdriver Set - 363158 Brand New
EVERY STOPLIGHT IS A LAUNCH SITE
1983 V65..MAGNA...3.40
TEXAS/Amarillo