Donations

Started by N2BRK, November 13, 2007, 05:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N2BRK

If you're feeling happy about the site, and flush with cash  :lol8:...

Wallace Shults
32 Laurel Hill Drive
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003-2620

or PayPal:
n2brk@aol.com

I don't charge anyone to be here, but dropping a few bucks a year (like a magazine subscription) would certainly help to keep the site going commercial-free.

Thanks!
Wal

Fleet Man

I shot ya a buck or two. Glad to be a part of this  gatherin  and happy to help out.

C'mon folks lets all ante up a few pennies for the cause. You know you want to...   :lol8:   I know it does cost to do all this. I only have three websites and a few emails and they cost more than I would like, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Ron T
Central WI
85 V65 Sabre
83 Baby Sabre
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/seventhcoin

gearedup82

Very happy to help.

Bored Maintenence Funds are a good thing.
1982 v45 Magna
NOT another black Magna
Wanted: Black Kerker header and can..

"To hell with cookies and milk...give me titties and beer!!"

Billy C

Give it up folks or I'll jack up the price of carb kits to make up the difference.  :wacko: 
83 V65 Magna gathering dust
Grand Saline, TX

a65bug

Happy to contribute, you have some $$ coming your way.  Hey, what about doing a telethon...we can have Larry entertaining in a big chicken suit and Ryan can answer the phones in a Snow White dress.  Then we can all make contributions to get it turned off.  I can see it now, Larry saying "only $150 more and we'll be off your computer screen for good, pick-up your phones, make a pledge now".
Paco
Suffield, CT
2001 ZRX1200...I know, it's not a V4...

Looney1

+1 for keeping this bored up (well there were a few issues over the weekend, but we'll forgive you this time).

edit: Wal, looks like I was the first to give you a +1 karma under your new bored name. Just noticed you changed it.
Steve--
83&85 V65 Magna
02 BMW R1150RTP, 98 DR350
Kent Island, MD

MattC

Happy to help. It's a cheap price to pay to continue getting my V4 "fix".

MattC
Milford, Ct.
'82 VF750S
'83 VF750S - gone
'85 VF700S- gone
'85 VF500F 
'75 GL1000- gon

Hammer

Just sent a couple of bucks your way.
Thanks.
86 V65 Magna Salina, Ks.
82 V45 Magna - in a state of repair

Ironhead

Quote from: N2BRK on November 13, 2007, 05:55:58 PM
HOWEVER, I can not take a Credit Card funded payment or a payment from outside of the USA - sorry.

Are you saying that you can't take a non-credit card PayPal payment from someone outside the US? I don't get it.

If the above is true, let me know and I'll see about getting a money order to you. And seeing as my dollar is now worth more than yours... :rolling:

BTW, I don't know how the others feel about this, but I would have no problem with a couple of unobtrusive motorcycle-related sponsor banners embedded in the forum pages (no pop-ups!). This is an absolutely essential site for us V4 owners and I don't see why we can't put up with a banner or two if it's helping pay the cost of keeping the site going.

For an example of what I'm talking about, refer to the image below which shows one of the things that "Intruder Alert" has done to help pay the associated site costs:

It's clean, unobtrusive, and some of the links may actually be useful to us. All that, and it will help Wal keep this site up and running. Sounds like a win/win to me!
Atlantic Canada
1984 V45 Magna VF750C
1984 Gold Wing Aspencade GL1200A

Fleet Man

I am a member of the TY and Vmax4 boards and they allow some of the members to be board sponsors (which I would do) and pay a fee to the board and then they are allowed a small banner in certain areas to promote that sponsors business. I would assume it helps the board make ends meet and the sponsor makes a few bucks also.

Maybe something like a sponsor of the month. That sponsor pays the board a fee and then gets to promote his/her wares to the board for that month. Then rotate to the next for a month.

Possibly a special thread for "Sponsor of the Month". Then every month the old posts get deleted and the new sponsor takes over, etc. That would keep the thread shorter and cleaner.

I'm just thinking outloud...   :beer:
Ron T
Central WI
85 V65 Sabre
83 Baby Sabre
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/seventhcoin

kdf9511

Is it that time again?   I will drop some cash in the paypal kitty on the 23rd when I get paid.....
Ye Olde MagnaWing,
The LaZBoy
From whence came you, and whither are you travelling?

Levi

I'm in, PP on it's way.

TomDac

just paypal'ed you...  wish it could be more $$, but I'm saving for a V65.... Gotta say that it's been great reading and learning everything that is on this site.. After being out of motorcycling for many years, it's great to know that the Honda V4s have such a devout following and that this little community on the web exists...

I hope to be one of you V65 owners very soon... 

Thanks again!

Tom.
Rancho Mirage,  CA
http://www.flyv65.com

spotty

Will hit you again same time as I did this year... great site. I like Fleetmans idea, sponsor of the month type of thing. In all my posts, I have never "solicitated" about my business, not the place to do. But as a paid sponsor, I would pay for the right to mention my business, Just a thought though, I am happy just as things are.

Spotty

BrandonMag

I'm more than happy to send a few clams to help the board out.  I've been unemployed the past couple of weeks and this board has kept me entertained. 
V4s rule!
Brandon
1983 V65 Magna
Yacolt, WA

Longrider

I have made a small donation to this great site.  The least you could is answer your PMs.

aarongd

i'm always good for some cash. should be in your account by now. thanks wal, awesome site as usual!!! ;D
Had Many v65 Magnas, restored and sold,  one not so happy wife!! brimfield mass 01010

DeanV65

Donation sent. I am extremely grateful for the information on the site. Keep up the good work...  :thumb
Dean
1984 V65 Magna w/83 carbs
(Andromeda Red)
2007 FJR1300A
(Black Cherry)
Elizabethtown, KY

st4r50

Couple of bucks sent. Small price to pay for the valuable information found here.
Thanks!!
Mike
Timberville, Virginia
1983 VF1100C V65 Magna

Billy C

+1 for the new guy.  :thumb

Didn't we just have a server upgrade? I bet that costs money.... If your post count is over 100 chances are you like it here and maybe a couple bucks donated to the cause will keep us going.  ;D 
Grand Saline, TX

Dean in Ct.

Time to cash in the 2 jugs of pocket change. 10% to you.
  What's the easiest way these days to cash in change? Last time I paid my 12 year old  nephew (a coin collector) 10% to roll it but he said never again.
3 V65 Magnas, 2 '75 SuziQ RE5s, Honda Ascot (twin), 1939 Harley Flathead,

PLCGuy

I don't remember ever sending you money Wal, can I get an extention!
:beer:
EE, IBA, SGT6,7,9,10,11,12,14,16,17,18,19 Ninja1000,ST1100,VFR800,83V65

LDog

Quote from: Dean in Ct. on August 18, 2008, 05:28:17 PM
  Time to cash in the 2 jugs of pocket change. 10% to you.
  What's the easiest way these days to cash in change? Last time I paid my 12 year old  nephew (a coin collector) 10% to roll it but he said never again.

If I'm not mistaken, the coin counters they have at some stores (Wally world, Kroger, etc.) usually charge 7-8%.

HTH
Brent C. Lafayette, TN
2012 Connie
1988 Connie - soon to be for sale

Magnaman

I take mine to my bank. They dump it into the coin counter, never charge,
Bill
Montana
Retired
My Web page
http://wrule.home.bresnan.net/new%20web/

cap330

Just sent in (paypal) some money to support this site.... well worth the contribution.   John
1983 VF1100C Magna (damn this thing is fast)
Annapolis, Md

Bug

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help getting my bike running.  One of the other members was able to hook me up with a stator on the condition that I make a donation to the site to help it keep going.  I was planning on donating anyway, but this gave me more than a reason to do it now. ;D I've learned a lot, and I appreciate the warm welcome I've received from all of the members on the board.  Initially I was worried about posting because this is such a "manly" site.  I didn't know how everyone's reaction would be to a girl needing help.  But it's been cool.

Thanks!

Bug
'84 V65 Sabre---Husband's
'85 V65 Sabre---Mine
'84 V65 Magna--BIL Rebuild

depush

Done. Happy to do it.

shindoru

Done
Small price to pay for the information and the people providing it.
:thumb :thumb way up!!
Thanks Wal!!

Barry

Independence, MO

Jezriak

I'd like to make a donation but I don't understand the "I can not take a Credit Card funded payment" thing.  Is this still relevant? Aren't most paypal accounts linked to credit cards?  I've never noticed a difference when I received payment except for maybe a processing charge.

This site rocks!! It's given me the knowledge and confidence to get the job done.  Cheers!  Salud! Prolsht! (that's how it sounds when the Germans say it!) :beer:
Jay J
'83 Magna V45
Motor City Michigan

Billy C

I think it is Prost!

I see that Paypal has a new tab that allows you to send $$$ as a gift which means (as of the time this is being typed) they don't take a cut. I am sure this will change in a month's time.  :(  Click Send Money...then click the Personal tab.
Grand Saline, TX